You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best free forum host? Empty Best free forum host? Mon 2 Dec - 13:44:23

2787cmt
Verified
Level 1
What do you think is the best free forum host? An example of a free forum host would be Forumotion, which is what this forum is on. There are also other free forum hosts such as ProBoards, ZetaBoards, Free Forums, ProphpBB, and IcyBoards. Personally, I think ProphpBB is the best. Forumotion, ProBoards, ZetaBoards, and Free Forums all have plenty of flaws. IcyBoards is decent, but it has not been around that long. ProphpBB is a decent free forum host with a pretty good track record.

So, what do you think?
http://www.camert.net/

2Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Mon 16 Dec - 2:08:45

Declick
Declick
Verified
Lead Administrator
I agree with you on many softwares you have mentioned. Although Forumotion has it's flaws just like any other software, I put my faith in it as their support team is very helpful and always willing to help us in the best benefit of us.

I go with Forumotion due to the easy Administration Panel and easy moderation.
http://www.imejo.com

3Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Mon 16 Dec - 8:07:37

Bazinga!
Bazinga!
Verified
Level 2
Although I haven't had much dealings with the other free forum host, I have to go with Forumotion also.

The staff at Forumotion does a great job at trying to help you when you have a problem or just simply have a question. Also, I find a Forumotion forum easy to use.

I've also heard some argue that with a free forum host, you will have problems with your forum being down a lot. I have never had that problem with my forum.
http://lastapprenticeseries.forumotion.com/forum

4Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Mon 16 Dec - 8:27:06

Kite~
Kite~
Verified
Graphic Designer
Jadster wrote:I agree with you on many softwares you have mentioned. Although Forumotion has it's flaws just like any other software, I put my faith in it as their support team is very helpful and always willing to help us in the best benefit of us.

I go with Forumotion due to the easy Administration Panel and easy moderation.

Bazinga! wrote:Although I haven't had much dealings with the other free forum host, I have to go with Forumotion also.  

The staff at Forumotion does a great job at trying to help you when you have a problem or just simply have a question.  Also, I find a Forumotion forum easy to use.  

I've also heard some argue that with a free forum host, you will have problems with your forum being down a lot.  I have never had that problem with my forum.  

I go with Forumotion aswell. The admin Panel is so easy to use. Every time I need help, I go to the Help Page and they help me right away : )

5Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Fri 10 Jan - 4:05:21

Verified
Forumotion all the way!! I've personally worked with the excellent support team, as well as used my forum for many years and come to know one of the easiest ways to become an administrator through this hosting service.

I will forever have Forumtion as one of my loves, despite its many flaws--after all, if the community has large enough of a voice, it will grow and become even better and fix some of those flaws. Wink I truly believe that.

6Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Sat 18 Jan - 6:42:54

Selvester
Selvester
Verified
Premium Member
Like the others I have to put my support behind forumotion. I have tried a few other hosts but I always found them confusing and hard to use. Or they have had poor support. Where with forumotion I have a decent understanding of how things work and if I find myself caught up on something I know that I will receive help on the support site. In most cases it has come mere minutes after posting my problem. Yes it has its flaws here and there... but really what site doesn't?

You did name a lot of hosts I hadn't tried yet however so maybe I will have to try them out... but it would take a lot for them to pull my love away from forumotion... we have been in a serious relationship for a good year now... Wink
http://rp-central.forumotion.com/

7Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Sat 18 Jan - 9:00:57

FTON
FTON
Verified
Level 1
Icyboards is way the best free forum host for me, it can be a good start for new webmasters.

8Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Thu 23 Jan - 16:31:27

Matthew
Matthew
Verified
Level 1
Honestly, Zetaboards is by far the best free forum host out there. Sure, it's hosted by Zetaboards but you are given complete freedom over it. You can even remove the "hosted by Zetaboards" footer at a price. ZB is easy to use, there's awesome resources available, and I think it's wildly under rated.

9Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Fri 31 Jan - 2:43:27

Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Verified
Administrator
Forumotion in my opinion, due to the following reasons:

+ Easy Administration Panel
+ Buy domain, remove footer links (as well as hosted by Forumotion), remove ads, etc.
+ Can design your own theme, learn CSS, HTML, template editing.

10Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Mon 5 May - 12:33:22

ThaConcept
ThaConcept
Verified
Level 1
My favorite used to be Forumotion but I moved on to Icyboards.

11Best free forum host? Empty Re: Best free forum host? Thu 29 May - 3:32:16

Tommy Lee
Tommy Lee
Verified
Support Moderator
Forumotion!
Sponsored content
Verified

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum